e-Learning Unit was established at Palestine Polytechnic University by the beginning of the second semester of the academic year 2005/2006 within the operating units at IT Center of Excellence. The unit was established to provide e-learning services in collaboration with various university faculties according to the strategic plan of the university. The unit is responsible for overseeing the site, administer and develop e-learning courses in addition to the delivery of electronic services to students and lecturers.
ITCE run the eLearning Unit to enhance the student learning experience and to improve the management and support of teaching and learning; providing the opportunity to create a flexible and accessible study environment focused on the needs of our learners in compatibility with the universities Quality Assurance Unit Objectives and activities.
- To Supervise all the eLearning activities at PPU
- To Manage the PPU eLearning website.
- To Provide Training for university staff on e-learning issues
- Create and transfer e-courses .
- The establishment and supervision of electronic examinations
- Preparation and supervision of Computer and English Placement exams.
- Give lectures to educate students about the importance of e-learning
- Training and assistance for lecturers in the use of electronic courses.
- The development of e-learning site and change the main interface.
- Cooperation with the Quality Assurance Unit to set up questionnaires for students and employees.
- Uploading ads at e-learning website.
- Back up the ecourses and the database of e-learning website
- Providing assistance for students and lecturers about how to deal with eLearning website
- Preparation for reports and statistics about the use of e-learning at Palestine Polytechnic University
Moodle at PPU
Moodle is an Open Source Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS).It lets teachers, Students and administrators to manage online learning and online courses.
It was used in PPU since the second semester of the academic year 2005/2006
Link to PPU Moodle: http://eclass.ppu.edu/
Google classroom at PPU
A new tool in the Google Apps for Education suite. It helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and communicate with their classes with ease.
It was introduced as a feature of Google Apps for Education following its public release on August 12, 2014
Objectives of Google Classroom:
- Save time
- Improve organization
- Enhance communication between students and their lecturers.
- Enhance using other Google services and App
Link to Google Classroom : https://classroom.google.com